Frequently Asked Questions
Our Service Delivery Model
A typical accounting process (or legal or any other business process) essentially involves:
When you outsource the process, there is a minor change to the process flow:
A typical outsourced provision of accounting services works as below:
- You keep your accounting system in your computer in your office. You add a document management system (available off the shelf).You protect your computer with a firewall and connect to internet. You permit us to connect to your computer from our office. We can help you get all this done.
- You scan all business documents (purchase orders, supplier invoices, goods arrival reports, sales orders, delivery reports, sales invoices, collections, payments, expense reports, payroll inputs) and store the images in a computer in your premises (preferably in an off-the-shelf inexpensive document management system)
- We access your computer remotely from our service delivery center, read the scanned images, process/archive the document images, and update the accounting systems.
- Your accounting system is ready to provide the information you need. The reports you need are prepared and kept in a safe area for you in the computer
- Depending on the level of sophistication you need, you could get the payments effected online by confirming the checks we have created online for you or print the checks physically, sign and disburse
- You get to use the same accounting system and same processes you follow now. Your data and your documents stay all the time within your premises.
- Our executives work when it is day time in our delivery centers; but you get to have at least 2 hours of interface with them each day (oftentimes from 9 am to 11 am US East Coast time). If you are keen that our accountants should work during your day time, that is possible for an extra charge
- Our accountants work on a “dedicated” basis. You get to work with the same person all the time
- Our accountants are reachable by dialing a US number from your premises. All our senior executives carry blackberry devices; emails are promptly responded.
What happens if the process involves movement of documents? We can handle it in two ways:
You use TaurusFiles:
- We would provide a user account and password.
- You log in and upload the document. We get notified immediately
- We download the file, work on the file and upload the output into TaurusFiles.
- You get notified by email or by SMS.
- You log in and download the document
Or, we use your system:
- You upload the input document into your document management system
- You notify us
- We log in; download the file; complete the work and upload the file
- We notify you by email and any other means you specify
- You retrieve the output from your system